We had a plan that once Koukouleika got running water again we would remove all the mud from both inside/outside the house, clean all all our metal/plastic possessions, put them back in the house, and close it up safely until we decided what to do long term with the house. Part of this plan included staying close by this winter to see how the house fared when it rained. Well, we got our answer a bit earlier then we expected because two days ago it rained very hard, and once again the house flooded, not all the way to the ceiling, but halfway up the walls. We felt somewhat defeated to say the least.
New plan, pack-up what is left of our possessions still at the house—kitchen stuff, tools, etc, and move-on. For the time being moving on won’t be too far. Fortunately we are looking at a house tomorrow in Argalasti to rent for the winter. The most important aspect is that it is a little ways out of town and has a fenced yard so that one of us does not always have to be at home with the dogs. The only issue is that it is not available until November 1, maybe we’ll drive off into the sunset in the meantime, somewhere with running water, and no mud.